"How to make your next road trip a spiritual journey."October 16, 2009 by Mike Strawbridge
Before starting your trip:
While making a visual inspection of your Jeep do the following:
- Visualize arriving at your destination happy and refreshed.
- Visualize have a safe and joyful journey
- Visualize arriving at just the right time to enjoy the destination.
- Visualize a protective bubble around your Jeep that cannot be penetrated with out your allowing.
- Release your desire for a safe and happy trip and accept that your are ready for anything that comes up.
- Realize that only this present moment exists. You cannot change the past or control the future. There is only this moment. This curve or this rock or this whatever you are doing in the moment. Trust your earlier visualization of a happy and refreshed arrival.
- Be alert to any feelings of unease that come up. If you suddenly get a vision of a speed trap ahead, slow down even if you don’t know why. If you get uneasy about the road your are on, pull out the map and find an alternate route.
- Be alert to the feel and sound of your Jeep. If you notice a difference pay attention to the source. Since Jeeps are used in dirt and mud, things like bearings and drive shafts can wear and get damaged more so than in a car. Get familiar with the underside of your jeep so you know when something is different.
- Don’t try to teach the world to drive. If someone cuts you off or holds you up, don’t fret. You can’t change the m but you get to decide how you feel. You can feel a bit of remorse that they are not as happy as you are while driving your Jeep.
- Remember that every thing is just the way it is supposed to be. If it were supposed to be different it would be. Feel free to express your desire for change, but at the same time accept things for the way they are right now.
- Take a moment to offer thanks for a safe and happy arrival.
- Extend your bubble of protection to your destination.
Mike Strawbridge October 16, 2009